Saturday, February 06, 2010

How to become a ´Digital Native`?

In the last few years I have become more and more conscious of the importance of what ´to be digital literate` really means, and represent for me....as a teacher. A challenge that has made me ´grow` and  get closer to my students way of learning. though, I should say, that some of them, still have ´tecnological barriers`......soemthing that could be easily erased if we understand that ´ learning ` starts from the very beginning of our school system, we do not have interactive boards at home,...but we should have them at schools.  As we all konw, ´An image is 1000 words worth`.....so here uou have a 4 year-old little girl amazed by what for her was something ´easy` to use.......though she cannot have one of this wondeful tools in her classroom.

1 comment:

Rita Houmann said...

Hi Maria,

I share your views on learning. We should use the social media and the interactive whiteboards in our classrooms. Young people's ICT-knowledge should be activated in such a way that a vibrant collaborative learning environment is established. An environment where teachers as well as students learn from the use of ICT in the various subjects. I, for one, is trying to make the physical book disappear from my classrooms. I teach the students by way of electronic texts on iwbs= all my texts have been recorded so the sound plays an important role in my lessons. Film clips, animations, pictures, mobile phones, Twitter...you name it, I use it IF it can help my students learn the methods etc of my subject (I teach English)
So teachers in Denmark are on the move towards a new perception of what teaching is...
Warm thoughts from Rita in DEnmark